History of Ryston Hall
Ryston Hall was built by Sir Roger Pratt in 1670. Unfortunately there are no records or plans of the earlier house which stood on the site.
The original gardens were laid out when the house was built. They were comprised of the formal gardens on the North front and the south front, with a walled kitchen garden to the east, all of which were swept away in the18th century when fashion was parkland and scattered trees.
The boundaries of the formal gardens had been fixed by the end of the 19th century when the garden comprised of densely wooded areas to the east and west, intricate formal flower beds on the south front, the Orangery and Rock Garden.